Rags to Runway
Join the Southern Vermont Arts Center for vintage-themed fashion fun, and preview the first exhibition of the season, Unusual Threads: Stitching Together the Future of Fashion, in SVAC’s Wilson Museum.
WHEN: Friday, May 10, 2019 from 6-9 p.m.
WHERE: Wilson Museum at the Southern Vermont Arts Center
A preview of Rags to Runway:
- Red carpet and cocktail hour
- Photo booth
- Fashion show featuring pieces created by Unusual Threads designers
- Panel discussion focused on sustainability and contemporary fashion (Panelists: Kelly Hickey, Robin Lane, & Natalia Martinez Sagan)
- Hors d’oeuvres & drinks
- An opportunity to meet designers & models
- An exciting raffle
Proceeds from Rags to Runway benefit SVAC, and help us continue to provide a variety of art exhibitions, performances, & classes for adults and children.
Raffle Prizes (Tickets are $20 or 3 for $50 at the door.):
- Custom piece of jewelry by Judi McCormick
- Eileen Fisher: Sip and Shop event for you and 10 closest friends. Enjoy champagne as you shop after hours at Eileen Fisher. $100 gift card for you and up to 30% off entire store for your friends.
- Dorset Foodie Experience: A Hands on Farm to Table Experience
- Meet & Greet at Barrows House with Appetizers and Beverages
- Local Shopping Excursion in Dorset and Manchester with Chef Jonathan Jakob to Procure the Night’s Ingredients
- A Tour and Taste at Dorset Rising Bakery with Homemade Samples and Afternoon Refreshments from the Espresso Bar
- Afternoon Hands-On Preparation for your Dinner in Barrows House Kitchen with the Chef & Sous Chef
- One Personalized Four Course Gourmet Dinner for Two with Wine Pairings
- One Night Stay in a King Guest Room
- Country Breakfast for Two at The Dorset Inn
- Kitchen aid mixer and cake decorating demonstration from Blackbird Cake Design
- Gift certificate from exclusive lingerie retailer, La Peche
- Gold frame experience at SVAC:
- Enjoy an after hours experience for up to 15 people along with wine, champagne, and hors d’oeuvres. Anne Corso, Executive Director and Anna-Maria Hand, Curator of the Exhibition will guide you through the exhibition.
- 4 tickets to each of SVAC’s sizzling summer concert lineup in the Arkell Pavilion including the Glenn Miller Orchestra, The Weight Band, Judy Collins, Maxine Linehan and more.
Photo Left: Designer Anna VA Polesny
Photo Top: Designer Terry Singh