EXHIBIT AT SVAC Yester House
Annual Solo Exhibition Program
Each year, the Southern Vermont Arts Center welcomes a variety of artists to present solo exhibitions in Yester House, a 1917 estate that’s been converted into gallery space and can accommodate up to 10 exhibiting artists.
We are no longer accepting applications for 2022 or 2023. If you are interested in applying for a 2024 Solo exhibition, please enter your contact information HERE to be notified when the application goes live.
If you’ve previously had a Solo show at SVAC, we ask that you allow for a minimum of 4 years before reapplying. For example, if your Solo exhibition took place in 2021, you are eligible to re-apply in 2025 for a 2026 Solo show.
- Applications are open to artists 18 years or older, working in the following disciplines: painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, fiber, glass, ceramic, wood, metal, mixed media, and photography.
- All exhibited artworks must be available for sale (no pre-sales or nfs works unless approved by SVAC’s Manager of Exhibitions & Interpretive Engagement).
- If applicable, a span of at least 4 years from your previous Solo exhibition at SVAC.
Participation Fee & Financial Aid:
- The fee to participate is $175 for SVAC artist members / $275 for non-members.
- In an effort to remove barriers to participation, SVAC offers diversity scholarships to deserving applicants. In particular, we are committed to supporting artists who identify as members of groups that historically have been excluded from the art gallery and museum fields. This includes artists from diverse racial or ethnic communities as well as artists with disabilities, who identify as LGBTQ+, and/or who come from low-income backgrounds. We encourage you to apply and, if accepted, we will work with you to build a financial aid package.
It is suggested, but not required, that Solo Show applicants be SVAC Artist Members. If you are not a member and would like to join or renew please visit our membership page!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Artist in Residence
The Southern Vermont Arts Center is now accepting applications for future Artists in Residence. Applications are open to career artists 18 yrs or older working in the following disciplines of painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, fiber arts, glass, ceramic, wood, metal, mixed media, and photography. Applicants should submit only their original work. All artwork must be for sale.
The Artist in Residence will have their own gallery to display their work for 1 month, as well as the opportunity to work in the galleries at SVAC and on our surrounding outdoor campus, which spans over 100 acres in picturesque Manchester, Vermont.
- Artist will display work in SVAC selected gallery
- Artist will work on SVAC campus at least 2 days/week during the residency (excludes the studio)
- SVAC will provide a small opening reception
- Artist will engage with SVAC guests while working on campus
- Artist is scheduled to hold a talk at some point during their residency
- Non-SVAC Artist Members may be subjected to a gallery fee
Featured Artist Member (Social Media)
At Southern Vermont Arts Center, we feature the artwork of our Artist Members throughout the year on our Facebook and Instagram pages. If you are featured, we will link to your social media and/or website. To be featured on our social media, your artist membership must be current. Please click on the link below and fill out the form with all your information. No phone calls or emails, please.