EXHIBIT AT SVAC Yester House
Annual Solo Exhibition Program
Each year, the Southern Vermont Arts Center welcomes a variety of artists to present solo exhibitions in Yester House, a 1917 estate-turned-gallery that can accommodate 10 exhibiting artists.
The application period has CLOSED for SVAC’s 2024 season.
As part of the application, you will be asked to submit: an artist resume, statement of interest, 3-4 work samples that exemplify work to be exhibited, and artist website/social media handles (if applicable).
Applications are open to artists 18 years or older, working in the following disciplines: painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, fiber, glass, ceramic, wood, metal, mixed media, digital media, and photography.
If you’ve previously had a Solo show at SVAC, we ask that you allow for a minimum of 4 years before reapplying. For example, if your Solo exhibition took place in 2022, you are eligible to re-apply in 2026 for a 2027 Solo show.
If your application is selected, you will be notified by SVAC’s Manager of Exhibitions & Interpretive Engagement by December 1, 2023.
Terms and Conditions:
- Gallery assignments and exhibition dates are based on availability and at the sole discretion of SVAC.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of artwork before and after the show.
- Artists must prepare all work for installation, including proper framing and wiring for hanging.
- Artists are responsible for installing and deinstalling their own work. SVAC staff and volunteers can assist if needed.
- Artworks will remain on view for the duration of the exhibition, even in the event of sale, unless early removal is jointly approved by the artist and SVAC.
- If accepted, additional terms & conditions will be shared with artist for review and consent.
In an effort to remove barriers to participation, SVAC will offer modest scholarships to deserving applicants. In particular, we are committed to supporting artists who identify as members of groups that historically have been excluded from the art gallery and museum fields. This includes artists from diverse racial or ethnic communities as well as artists with disabilities, who identify as LGBTQ+, and/or who come from low-income backgrounds.
It is suggested, but not required, that Solo Show applicants be SVAC Artist Members. If you are not a member and would like to join or renew please visit our membership page!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Artist in Residence
The Southern Vermont Arts Center is now accepting applications for future Artists in Residence. Applications are open to career artists 18 yrs or older working in the following disciplines of painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, fiber arts, glass, ceramic, wood, metal, mixed media, and photography. Applicants should submit only their original work. All artwork must be for sale.
The Artist in Residence will have their own gallery to display their work for 1 month, as well as the opportunity to work in the galleries at SVAC and on our surrounding outdoor campus, which spans over 100 acres in picturesque Manchester, Vermont.
- Artist will display work in SVAC selected gallery
- Artist will work on SVAC campus at least 2 days/week during the residency (excludes the studio)
- SVAC will provide a small opening reception
- Artist will engage with SVAC guests while working on campus
- Artist is scheduled to hold a talk at some point during their residency
- Non-SVAC Artist Members may be subjected to a gallery fee
Featured Artist Member (Social Media)
At Southern Vermont Arts Center, we feature the artwork of our Artist Members throughout the year on our Facebook and Instagram pages. If you are featured, we will link to your social media and/or website. To be featured on our social media, your artist membership must be current. Please click on the link below and fill out the form with all your information. No phone calls or emails, please.